Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Step At A Time

"Every doing starts with a step."
It's the first thing I read when I get out of bed. 
I didn't want to get up today. 
Sometimes when I open my eyes the impact hits all over again. 
At least I try. 
I try to thank Him for the day. 
To begin my day with a Christlike focus. 
Lately it's been about my emotions.
I wallow in what I have lost. I cry out for it to not be. 
This morning when I didn't want to take a step.
Those first words encouraged me. 
"Every doing starts with a step."
Not a final plan. Not all the answers. 
No well executed list or exquisitely planned event. 
Just a step.

Proverbs 16:9
In their hearts humans plan their course, 
but the LORD establishes their steps.

A step towards Gods word. A step toward the laundry. 
This journey continues to be heavy. 
But a step at a time is what is needed to stay the course. 

Photo credit to my talented daughter Clarissa

Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

One step at a time today toward God's leading. 




No comments:

Post a Comment