Wednesday, April 30, 2014

He Will Renew Our Strength

A wife loses her husband and 2 children in a tornado. Just like that. 3 members of their family gone.
How does a mom grieve for 2 children and her husband?
 Her soul-mate. 
I am familiar with the loss of a child. 
The overwhelming grief. 
I know the knee bruising prayer of pleas to spare my husbands life. 
To lose them all at once? 
My heart snaps. 
There is so much pain. 
I read the comments one of the daughter places on Facebook. 
The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. 
Words I too have quoted, spoken, relied on. 
They are words from Job.

Job 1:21
And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: 
the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.

A man well acquainted with grief and sorrow. 
Yet a man who persevered through his trials. 

The Lord does give and He does take away. 
It doesn't change His character.
Until His return we may never understand.
We take one step at a time
Each day, a step toward the cross. 


We are given grace for each moment. 
To rest in His promises. 
To serve Him with all our being. 
To let go of all that hinders our walk. 
To wait upon His timing. 

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength;
 they shall mount up with wings as eagles; 
they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

He will renew our strength. We will not grow weary. 
He will equip us for His work. 
We are kept and we are loved. 

Blessed be the name of the Lord. 
When the darkness closes in Lord, 
Still I will say. 
Blessed be the name of the Lord. . . 
Blessed be your glorious name.


No comments:

Post a Comment