Sunday, April 6, 2014

God's Not Dead

God's Not Dead
It's a movie.
It's a song.
It's the cry of some; to all, for all. 
To listen. 
To take note.
The movie was great. 
A young man is asked to write, 
"God is dead" in a Philosophy class,
 by the professor, 
to dispense with the rigmarole of having to prove that God is dead. 
If they all agree, then that section is complete, they will all be working from the same world view. 
This young man couldn't bring himself to write those words.  
He chose to not comply with the teachers' request. 
He requests a challenge to prove that God is Not Dead. 
He puts God on Trial. 
He adeptly defends His faith. 
He is well spoken. Articulate. 
His arguments sound. 
Speaking truth. 
It was impressive and riveting. 
Convicting, comforting. 
It comes down to knowing your world view. 
What do you believe? 
Do you even know?

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” 
― Benjamin Franklin

I may not be able to intellectually argue with the knowledge he had. 

I may not be verbose enough to defend my faith to the intellectual elite
 but I can explain why I believe what I believe. 

It is not that I'm so smart. But I stay with the questions much longer.” 
― Albert Einstein

God gives us the words we need. 

Luke 21:15
For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will 
be able to resist or contradict.

I am not ashamed of the Gospel. 

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel,
 because it is the power of God that brings salvation 
to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

I have known deep heartache and loss and am living with 
unknown results from a cancer diagnosis for my husband. 
We struggle with deep financial uncertainty and clinical depression. 
I do not claim to understand God or His ways. 
 I do claim to know He is there. He will make a way. And He has a plan. 
He makes a way even when there seems to be no way. 

Exodus 14:14
The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."

He will fight for you. No matter where you are in life. He meets you there. 
He gives you hope. 
He gives you strength. 
He gives us knowledge and great wisdom to understand this created world.
You  need to be still. 
Quiet. 

God's Not Dead. He's surely Alive. 
I pray you know that. 
Understand that. 
There is so much heartache and pain in this world. 
Yet there is a loving God that longs to embrace you. 
He doesn't remove  trouble. 
He doesn't make all the pain go away. 
It's not a Pollyanna view. It takes work to believe. 
He will One day make it all new. 
Until then, he will walk with you through the heartache and pain. 
He will never leave you nor forsake you. I know. This I know. 
He will give you joy in the journey. 

God's Not Dead.

I have included the trailer to the movie, "God's Not Dead" as well as some references to  help you know and understand your world view. 
To challenge you to "stay with the questions" a little longer. 



Movie Trailer for "God's Not Dead"



A few resource to begin a journey with the questions. 

The Institute for Creation Research a leader in scientific research within the context of biblical creation. 

The biblical Worldview Institute  is "impacting the culture by equipping educators from the school, the home, and the church, with the ability to show students of all ages how to apply biblical truth into all of life."

The Question of God C.S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud two brilliant men with two diametrically opposed views about the question of God: Sigmund Freud and C. S. Lewis. They never had an actual meeting, but in The Question of God, their arguments are placed side by side for the very first time. (taken from Amazon's description)

No comments:

Post a Comment