Thursday, April 3, 2014

Just Because. . .Part 2

 I don't necessarily like part 2's.
I like things to wrap up nicely and be done.
Finished.
I don't live that way.
I leave many things unfinished.
Incomplete.
But with others things I want it finished.
 I found after yesterday's post. That there was the "rest of the story"
There was more to flush out in the day.
Because everyday is the Lord's

Psalm 118:24
This is the day the LORD has made.
 We will rejoice and be glad in it.

I recognized that it was His day.
I gave praise.
But rejoicing these days is hard.
My soul is peaceful and I recognize God's handiwork all around.
But I was not feeling like rejoicing or even being glad.
I was reminded of the blessing God hands to us.
I don't know why he has us on this road.
I don't know why in a matter of 12 months I have had so much grief sorrow and uncertainty.
But I need to turn from the circumstances and embrace the promises.
His rest and peace are available.
My faith is not tethered to the earthly circumstances; which bend and sway.
The sun will shine and some days it won't.
My faith is rooted in much more.
God sees the bigger picture. 
I am finite and limited in my ability to even fathom a glimpse of  his infinite grace. 
I may not be able to completely understand all of what's happening; 
but I know enough to rejoice in the here and now. 
While God doesn't take away our pain; or fix the trouble we are facing; he is there. 
His word never fails. 


Isaiah 55:11
so is my word that goes out from my mouth: 
It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and 
achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

He is working his will through us. 
And he will remain by our side through all of it. 
He loves us.
Just because.
Not because we're great or we're good.
Not because we have worked so hard.
He loves us.
Despite who we are.
He loves us.
Just because.
He's big enough to carry all our burdens. He's promised to walk with us through it all.
This journey is difficult. 
He never promised it would be easy.
He is providing blessings along the way.
Ways to see. 
A card in the mail.
A friend stopping over to give encouragement through sugar.
Folks reminding us they are walking these steps with us.
Prayer for the farmer who walks with the joy thief that won't quit.
Snow beginning to melt.
Sunshine with warmth permeating our souls.
Hope. 
Our race is not yet finished.
Elijah's was. 


We need to persevere.
And step by step we will.

Because there is still, The rest of "His" story. 

If you're struggling hold on tight. 

Run to his word.

Remain in hope. And let Him write your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment