Sunday, June 22, 2014

Look Up, Look Forward

Psalm 8:4
What is man that you are mindful of him,
 and the son of man that you care for him?

The performance is over. 
The after party a memory. 
We head home. 
There is still a wedding tomorrow. 
I walk towards the house. 
I look up. 
My first reaction is to fall to my knees. 
The sky is ablaze with twinkling starlight. 
The richness powerful. 
I can not absorb the vastness. 
The Universe. 
The galaxies. 
How marvelous. 
I say it out loud. 
What is mere man that you are mindful of him?

The heaven's declare your majesty

Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God, 
and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. 

I am overcome by the beauty. 
I am grateful for a Savior that loved me enough to show me grace. 
I continue to gaze. 
It is late. 
I think of Elijah. 
I long for his presence. 
I think of his words in his Senior testimony. 
He had just talked about his earthly father's desire to go to heaven and travel through 
space and see the wonderful creation.
He then says, "And that instills in me this looking forward that I want to fight the good fight now for what lies for me ahead. I share that want, to just travel through God's beautiful creation, past this earth. 

He wanted to travel through this creation. 
And that is just what he is doing. 
In glory. 
What he must be able to see. 
Ah, the sheer wonder. 
My mind can not grasp. 
Look up.
I saw the night sky. 
Look up.


I saw his mercy. 

Philippians 3:14
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God 
has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.


Pressing onward. 
Looking up. 
Keeping eyes focused. 
I shift my gaze to the path toward the house. 
I am left with a peace that transcends all understanding.  
There is a kitchen to clean. 
A wedding to celebrate. 
Look up; when the way is rough. 
Look up; to see. 
Press on.

Blessings on this Lord's Day. 
May all you do today be for His glory. 
And may peace be yours. 



No comments:

Post a Comment