Saturday, June 14, 2014

How Far Can Your Love Reach?

Water spews from the line. 
Like a geyser. 
A hole.
Probably the size of a pin. 
Undetectable. 
Unless water flows. 
The droplets cascading in an arc. 
Grass glistening. 
I stare at the beauty. 
I haven't traveled. 
My Old Faithful is this phenomenon on the flats.
The water line that brings nourishment to our girls. 
A necessity to make milk.


Some girls drinking close to 40 gallons a day. 
So much work. 
Yet so much beauty. 
I pull myself from the daze. 
I want to always see the beauty around. 
I don't ever want to forget.

It's graduation day. 
The ache great and deep. 


I find myself repeating, How has it been a year? 
How can he be gone?


I am still stuck on a beautiful summer day in July. 
If I close my eyes I am there and my world is still the same. 
But the daze is broken and the here and now includes, death, cancer and change. 
But the beauty reminds us of hope and a future. 
God has promised us life. 
I continue to stare for a moment. 
Mesmerized by the shimmering droplets. 
Caught in a sea of memories. 
I notice how far those droplets reach. 
Spraying high and far. 
Just a tiny, tiny hole.
Regardless of our broken hearts or the troubles in our path; 
I want to shine God's love like that geyser.
Far and wide. 
With many offshoots.
Everywhere a trickle. 

Ephesians 3:20
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, 
according to his power that is at work within us,



No comments:

Post a Comment