Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Walking To The Beat Of The Rain

The sound steady on the tin roof. 
Rain. 


We've had more than 6 days of sunny, beautiful weather. 
Such a gift. 
I can't remember the last time we had such a stretch for that long. 
Now the rain comes. It is needed.


The earth needing hydration. 
The sea of green dependent on water and sunshine. 
Our prayer. 
Good pastures this year. 
Our hope. 
A 3rd, even 4th cutting.

Ephesians 3:20
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, 
according to his power that is at work within us,

Winter looms. 
A desire to continue to find solid ground. 
The rain, a promise of what is to come.
Keep the beat.
Steady.
Constant. 
New growth; watered.
Crops tended to; cared for. 
Diligence each day. 
I have been distracted from my morning time with God.


The sacred. 
It is missed. 
A beat skipped.
The well worn path needing some maintenance. 
Noxious weeds threaten to spill over. 
Making it hard to distinguish the path.
Needing to find the rhythm.
My heart, fragile at times; needing some care. 
Pressing through each day. 
A decision. 
A commitment. 
Opening the Ancient Word to read the never ending promises. 
Quiet time spent; filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. 
Blessed assurance. 
A never ending beat.
Strength. 

Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God.
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth!

The rain continues; steady.
I step back in to the soothing cadence.
I surrender the days chores and "to do" lists. 
I breathe deep the promises. 
I hold onto the grace given for just this day.
I walk to the beat of the rain.







No comments:

Post a Comment