Friday, June 6, 2014

We Yield, He Works, We Rest

Do you stumble out of bed? 
Is there a longing to pull the sheets over your head and wish the day would go away? 


I do. 
The desire to sink into quiet, no schedules, sleep past 5:30, rise to greet me. 
I always feel the need to be moving. 
I have to be accomplishing something. 
Yet somehow I feel as if nothing is ever done. 
I am just treading water. 
I stare into the fog this morning wanting to roll over and just shut it all out. 
I don't want to feel, or work through the day. 
I have an early morning meeting, the kids school to do, laundry, book work, a never ending list. 
We need to be in town for a port-flush for Gary and then back out to get ready for a cello recital. 
There is hay down.
Everyone wants to head in a different direction. 
Once, I excelled at these varying schedules. 
They energized me. 
Now they drag me down. 
My soul longs for quiet; peace. 
I realize a little too late; I have stepped off that gentle walk with God. 
The walk that allows you to step quietly while all rages around you. 
No matter the schedule, the chaos, the laundry, the bills. 
The walk sweet and soft. 


So, I am re-grouping a little this morning. 
It's a busy weekend. 
A strategy change. 
I will step into that gentle walk with God. 
Where all can rage, but the center will be peace. 
He has ordered these days. 
They are beautiful. 
It is He, that does the work in us. 
We yield. 
He works. 
We rest. 

Philippians 1:6
being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you 
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment