Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Lessons Learned From The Pig Pen

Some days I just want to play all day. 
I want someone to feed me and take care of my basic needs. 
A little like the piggy, wiggies. 


 When the sun shines,  I will soak up the warmth with not a care in the world. 
When I am scared, I can crawl into a pig pile. 


I can feel the safety and security of those closest to me. 


Alas, I am not a pig. 
Though I dare say I live like one sometimes. 
My room is such a mess. 
But, I am not a pig. 
I do have responsibilities and burdens to carry; 
no matter how much I would like to play all day. 
Each day there is the tierney of the urgent. 
The pressing and the important. 
The immediate and the overdue. 
It is enough to want that pig pile each moment. 
But there is grace. 
Reaching for stability. 
Found not in ourselves. 
It is when we let go. 
When we reach for holiness, we are transformed. 
The cross our focus. 
A life.
A sacrifice.
Forgiveness.
Restoration.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

The peace that passes all understanding is ours. 
The urgent and mundane remain. 
It is we who are transformed. 
Not our circumstances. 
We who walk in the power of the Almighty. 
Strength gained from the surrender. 
Assurance through the storm. 
Solid ground no matter how rough the way. 
Hope and strength; ours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment