Monday, September 15, 2014

The Least of These My Brethren

He sits at my table. 
I feed him.
Physical nourishment. 
We feed him the Word. 
He; the downcast. 
Broken.
Struggling with mental illness. 
Trying to find his way in this world. 
He sits at my table. 
I fight the thoughts that permeate my mind. 
My son. 
Buried deep beneath the earth. 
Not at my table; while this one lives. 
Why? 
My son; a hard worker.
So young. 
A lover of God. 
Gone. 
And here. 
At my table the least of these. 

Matthew 25:40
"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you,
 whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine,
 you did for me.'

I feed him. 
I pray in my heart for the demons that fill him to be gone. 
To receive the medical help he needs. 
This young man.
Each day a struggle. 
The least of these my brethren. 
I bow to the Holy. 
These days belong to the Lord. 
His ways. 

Isaiah 55:9
As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.

I relinquish my heartache and pain. 
I can not carry it. 
The longing too great. 
The pain crushing. 
I step into the work for today. 
Life on life. 
The gospel.
Life changing. 
Hope. 


No comments:

Post a Comment