Thursday, November 20, 2014

Letting Go Day # 20 of Thankfulness

The cool air feels good. 
The mountain looms before me. 



This farm. 
How I love to be here. 
Memories of my first view of this mountain still stir within my soul. 
The glorious snow covered mount
Before there was a barn here, before our marriage. 
Those endless days seem so long ago. 
Days of falling in love. 
The cares and worries around paying bills non-existent.
A time for untold joy and innocent living.
Now, so much weighs the soul. 
We are heading out for a few days. 
We still do not travel well. 
Always the farm, our source of income and life, in our thoughts. 
Letting go. 
It's so hard. 
But we're pressing on. 

I am thankful for:
a time to get away
lessons learned when the farm boy lashes out and rebels
the practice of turning my hands upward and letting go
beautiful traveling weather
hotels with pools and cable tv
time at the Cracker Barrel
Amish Smorgasbords
creating new memories
stories told of our other trips
remembering Elijah
a God who reminds me of my need for him
learning how to let go


Yes, I am sure you know what song I am going to post. 
You got it. 
But it's a different version and I love it. 

When we Let It Go, we let God. 
He steps in and carries the weight for us. 
He directs our path. 
We let Him take the reigns and learn more about His character.

Isaiah 43:19
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.

Alex Boye
Frozen



No comments:

Post a Comment