Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Can You Be Jesus To Someone Today? Day #4 of Thankfulness

She knocks on my door.
A former colleague and friend. 
One I haven't seen in a while. 
She stands there at the door. 
We hug for a long time. 
She who encouraged and loved on me those years of teaching and being with child. 
Cards when our dreams and hopes were dashed with a miscarriage. 
Rejoicing when we found that grace had visited us and I swelled with new life. 
A baby shower for Elijah. 
This woman. 
Kind, soft and gentle. 
Here, at my door. 
Bringing comfort on a day that was hard. 
She brought a card and a gift. 
She brought her presence. 
My heart ached with gratitude for the time she would take to come and visit. 
To be present. 
God is in the details of our lives.
He will never leave us nor forsake us. 
He provides in ways we could not imagine.
This front door visit was the human touch I needed. 
The encouragement to keep pressing on. 

I am thankful for:
Front door visits
Remembering
The rich life I have had and the people I have met along the way
the ways in which God is in the details
My farmer and farmer junior returning home
the beautiful sunshine and a crisp fall day
clean, air dried sheets
Chicken and Biscuit dinner
homemade apple pie
The right to vote and the work it took for those women to gain us that right
The work God does in our hearts when we are grateful
little girls who still like to snuggle
read aloud's and good literature
sets being painted and a play being created in our basement
God reaching down and saving my weary soul
a community that continues to let us know we are loved
the work of a caring man to raise the flags off the ground at the pole where Elijah met Jesus
the ways God ministers to my aching heart
rich, hot steaming cups of coffee
The Ancient Word and the wisdom and  comfort it brings

Isaiah 40:29
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.


Please join me in days of Gratitude. 
Leave me a comment or share your journey. 
Be Jesus to someone today. 
Stop in and say hi. 
Bring some flowers. 
Send a card. 
You never know how you will strengthen someone this day. 

Jason Gray
With Every Act of Love

As heaven touches earth
Ohh oooh You bring the kingdom come
With every act of love
Jesus help us carry you
Alive in us your light shines through
With every act of love we bring the kingdom come
God put a million million doors in the world for love to walk through
 and one of those doors is you




No comments:

Post a Comment