Sunday, February 22, 2015

Waking From A Dream

I woke from the dream. 
Wracking sobs as I fell to my knees in the kitchen. 
Sobs that came during the first days as we learned of Elijah's homegoing. 
The same gut wrenching realization. 
Piercing. 
Ache. 
Reality. 
Harsh. 
My pysche must only be able to handle this in my dreams. 
For when I woke. 

Truth confronted me. 

Jeremiah 31:3
The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: 
"I have loved you with an everlasting love; 
I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.

The power of knowing that we are His child. 
That through this, He is Lord. 
The ground is solid. 
We walk with hope and purpose. 

While my heart stilled and the fog cleared I rested in who God says He is. 
I stepped into the routine of the day. 

May your day be firmly set on truth. 
May your soul Magnify the One who gave all. 



Psalm 121:1
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, 
from whence cometh my help.



No comments:

Post a Comment