Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Will Spring Ever Come?

My farmer and the crew work outside everyday. 


Sure they can head into the milk house to get warm. 
Sometimes they work in a tractor that has a cab.
Not sure if there is heat in there anymore. 
But mainly they are out doors. 


So, I hesitate as I choose my words; 
Will Spring ever come? 

The days are getting longer. 
Light in the early evenings. 
Yet, the cold lingers. 
I am not one to be cold. 
My internal system has always run on the warm side. 
But this year. . .
This year, I can not get warm. 
And it makes me dread the day. 

I can hear myself complaining. 
How easy it is to let the words flow. 

Listing the things that are not right. 
That could be better. 
If only.  . . 
Wallowing in the struggle in the path set before me. 

This is not how I want to live. 
I want the words that flow to be life giving. 

1 John 5:13
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God 
so that you may know that you have eternal life.

When your thoughts are consumed by 
personal needs and the focus inward. 
There is little room for the Savior to work. 
So, I pray this scripture. 

2 Corinthians 10:5
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against 
the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

We need to surrender our thoughts and actions. 
Let them be made obedient to Christ. 
Seek words to encourage. . . not condemn. 
Live life so that a difference is made, each day. 

Spring will come when it is ready. 
And it will come. 

Until then my spirit needs to be open to the lessons 
that need to be learned in the Winter. 
The Season where much is happening that can not be seen. 
So in this restless place, I will put my trust in that which I can not see. 
I will look for words that breathe life and encourage. 
I will set my eyes on the eternal and not the temporal. 

It is the Lessons in Lent. 
The waiting. 
The hoping; for more. 


Anticipation that God is not done yet. 
And He's not. 
The best is yet to come. 



Lamentations 3:21-24
Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”





No comments:

Post a Comment