Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Conquer The Clutter

We clean up that farm boys room;
because it is a mess. 
Really. 
All the rooms are a mess. 
Clothes, papers. 
Clutter. 
Everywhere. 

My cluttered home has seeped into my soul. 
The clutter of grief and loss. 
Daily consuming. 
I fold a shirt. 
It belongs to  the son who has left this earth. 
I can feel the ache. 
It has threatened to spill over all day. 
The loss. 
Another in the community has lost too. 
One so young with 3 children. 
And I just can't bear the pain. 
The grief she is feeling. 
The shock. 
The fog. 

The clutter in my soul is too much. 

Do you know this? 

When all weighs heavy. 
When the rush of the day and tyranny of the urgent creep in? 
It is then, when I fold that shirt. 


 That the trickle begins. 
I haven't taken time for the word today. 
I wanted to conquer the clutter in the house. 
Conquer the little girls room. 
The pretty room with not and inch of clean floor space. 
The upstairs hallway, rich in history, yet cluttered with "stuff".
The farm boys room that smells of something unidentifiable. 
Where the floor rises to meet you as walk in. 
I wanted to conquer, that clutter. 
While the other clutter grew deep in my soul. 
The pain. 
The ache of a friend as she aches for her friend. 
Buried deep in my soul. 
Until the weight spills over my cheeks. 
It is then that the words flutter to the front. 

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you,
 for my power is made perfect in weakness."


I can tackle the clutter of this home, 
Only when the clutter of my soul is gone. 

The heavy soul clutter needs to go.

Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you resTake my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

It is imperative to the journey here; 
this side of heaven. 

The ache, the pain, the grief;
that is here to stay. 

When grief upon grief is stacked. 
The soul becomes weighted down. 
Cluttered. 

We become blind to the truth. 
We buy into the lies. 
When the soul is cluttered. 

God longs to carry the burden of our souls. 
He waits to help de-clutter; if only we will let him. 

So today. 
I am beginning with the word. 
That Ancient, glorious truth
I am going to set my feet where Truth dwells. 
I am going to let God Abolish the lies. 

Jeremiah 31:3
The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying:
 "I have loved you with an everlasting love; 
I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.

We are so loved. 

Are you willing to lay down your burdens and let God conquer the soul clutter? 

David Crowder
Come As You are.

Come out of sadness From wherever you've been
Come broken hearted Let rescue begin
Come find your mercy Oh sinner come kneel
Earth has no sorrow 

That heaven can't heal
Earth has no sorrow
That heaven can't heal




No comments:

Post a Comment