Monday, February 8, 2016

Friendship




She sent me this when the raw, clawed away at my soul. 
When the fog was thick and the missing of my son crippled my daily intake of breathing. 
She was my rock. 
Always there. 
Encouraging. 
Leading me to the cross. 
She made music where there was chaos.
And now it's been a year since she has danced on the streets of gold. 
And I miss her. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I Say In A Whisper, I'll See You Soon, 

Because It's Not Really Good Bye


February 8, 2015

See you soon I say as I walk out the room. 
Tears stream down my face. 
I stifle the sobs that want to come. 
The ache so heavy. 
Another I love, so dearly, departing this life. 
Powerless to stop. 
Cancer rearing it's ugly head. 
This beautiful family. 
Servants of our Lord and Savior. 
So much living still to come. 
All, she will never see.
Grand babies growing. 
The youngest son unmarried. 
I receive the text that heaven opened it's doors to this beautiful soul. 
Her residence now eternal. 
I think on all the times together. 
Bibles studies. 
Antiquing and lunches. 
Music and books. 
Laughter. 
Always laughter. 
Her laugh was like the twinkling of a million fairies. 
Her blue eyes sparkling. 
So encouraging. 
Always positive. 
A silver lining somewhere. 
Poise and grace. 
Coffee and tea. 
A vacation cut short to return to play the organ at the funeral 
for my father in laws sudden departure from this world. 
Such talent. 
The ivory keys brought forth sounds and style only she could coax. 
To watch her conduct, was art in itself. 
Beautiful music.
Walks and talks with another friend solving life's problems. 
Room makeovers. 
Discussions in the glow of the firelight as life marched on. 
And now her race is finished. 
The battle won. 

The words, 
well done my good and faithful servant,
resounding through out the heavens. 

She is released from the constraints of this world. 
Her glorious talent added to the Heavenly choir. 
And I am sure my boy greeted her with open arms. 
What a sweet reunion there must have been with all her loved ones. 



And aren't we all waiting for the reunion? 

Romans 8:18-22
 Consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.
We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.

The whole of creation waits in anticipation for Jesus' return. 
It is not the dead that grieve. 
They rejoice. 
It it those left behind that the grieving is for. 
So my sweet friend. 
I do not grieve for you. 
You are free of pain. 
You are home. 
We will all grieve, for us. 
For our aching hearts. 
For your dear husband and beautiful, beautiful family. 
For the immense loss here on this earth. 
For all the missing. 

So, I say again, in a whisper,  I will see you soon dear one. 

2 Peter 3:8
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: 
With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.



No comments:

Post a Comment