Monday, February 29, 2016

I Will Trust You, Part II, Even in the Desert

The Israelites were asked to trust. 
To trust God to take them out of a land. 
To bring them to a land flowing with milk and honey. 

The problem was. .
They needed to go through the desert first. 

The barren, harsh, desert. 
For forty years they wandered. 
Forty years they waited to see the land promised. 
For most of those who left Egypt, they never lived to see the Promise. 

Are you in a desert place? 

During these desert times, God is ever present. 
As the Israelite's traveled they were hemmed in by fire and cloud. 
God went before them. 
God was with them 
God went behind them. 

Many of you have contacted my farmer and I over this latest trial. 
We are so encouraged by your words. 

We sing a chorus during worship. 

"You are perfect in all of your ways."

We sing it over and over. 
It's not until about the time that I start to think, 
we have sung this line too many times, 
that I realize what I am singing. 
I let the truth wash over me. 
God is reminding me. 
Holding me fast. 
His ways are perfect. 
He is perfect in every way. 
Sometimes repetition is good. 
Sometimes it takes that long for the message to reach our heart. 

God is calling us to wait. 
We are choosing to be still.
Waiting to see what God will do. 
Hoping in the promises given. 
Knowing that our desert will not last for ever. 
One day;
the trials of this earth will be shaken for good. 
They will be cast off for all of eternity. 
For now we will rest in the Ancient Word. 
Place our feet on unshifting sand.
We will keep our gaze to the Cross. 
Where the battle was won. 
Where victory was claimed. 

No matter what happens. 
No matter the outcome. 
God is still good. 
He is worthy of our praise. 
He will bring about his plan. 
And above all; His name will be praised. 

I hope you will take a few minutes to listen to this song. 
The first few notes still bring such sweet memories of a wonderful
 time in my life. 
My High School years when God took me and began preparing me for all the was to be in my life. 


Petra
More Power 

"They that wait upon the Lord Shall renew their strength"


"Put on all His armor and fight the good fight, and in all our weakness we become so strong He gives us the power and the strength to carry on. "




No comments:

Post a Comment