Monday, March 28, 2016

Sunshine Spilled Over

Sunshine spilled over on Resurrection Sunday. 
Warmth. 
Family. 
Food.
The empty tomb. 
The Cross set before us. 
A symbol. 
Hope. 
What was meant for evil. 
God meant for good. 
Sometimes you can't help but embrace the bad to understand the good. 
2 years and 8 months. 


 A journey to walk with purpose.
Seeking to discover, under the shadow of His wing. 
Ever longing for all to be made right. 
The tomb is empty. 
The Savior Risen. 
The hope of all Nations for a broken people. 

The sun beats down on us at my sister in laws. 
Her family walking the grief road. 
The first Easter without my nephew. 
The children without their father. 
Reaching out in hope. 
Stepping into the unknown. 
We sit together. 
Grateful. 
For each other. 
Laughing. 
Remembering. 
Life springing forth in the gardens that were my mother in laws. 
Precious bulbs pressing through the depth of the dark. 
Reaching for light. 
Reminders of the beauty in the struggle. 
When we are anchored to the Rock. 

Psalm 18:2
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.


It's been a great weekend of celebration on the farm. 


A gathering of family and friends. 
A shower of cards. 
Easter Sunday. 
Celebrated around the rich gathering of generations.

The birds have begun their joyous chorus this morning. 

Signs of Spring; seen if you look. 

Do you have eyes to see? 

I am asking God to keep my eyes wide open to 
not miss the beauty He has in store. 
 Resting in the hope given to us. 

I miss my son with all my being. 
The ache so deep.
Yet I believe God is working a purpose greater than I understand. 
I pray that you have eyes to see the glory that God is unfolding. 
I pray that you walk with hope; even when the way is rough. 

Walking today in deep hope, while clinging to the Rock. 

What about you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment