Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sweet 16

I wasn't expecting a girl.


 I had a step daughter and she was perfect and then I had our boy and he was perfect. . .and frankly, I was afraid of a daughter. I hadn't had the best relationship with my mom. I never wanted to make the same mistakes. So I figured God blessed me with a step daughter and the rest would be boys.

But nope.

They said she was girl.

I asked them twice if they were sure.


They said they were sure. 
They had a little experience in this area. 

And July 11, 1997 began a journey that has been nothing but joy,
(most of the time) ever since.


She's helpful.


Talented.


Hard working.


Friendships mean a lot. . .


She's crazy. . .


She has loved. . .


And is loved. . .


And she's beautiful. . .both inside. . .. . .and out.

And today she is sweet 16.

Happy Birthday Clarissa.

Psalm 127:3 Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him

No comments:

Post a Comment