Sunday, May 17, 2015

Come, Sit At My Table

Come to my table and sit for a spell. 







Where generations have gathered. 







Stories and woes poured out.



Hot steaming cups of warmth in hand, as time passes.




Nourishment given. 



Come to the table where we share who we are.
Where we break bread and study the word.
Come, sit with me.
I long to hear the stories. 
 I long to walk a spell. 
Held captive by the road with which you have walked. 
Come to my table and sit for spell. 



Take a load of your feet. 
Lay down your burden, release your shame. 
You will never be the same. 

Matthew 11:29-30
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

There is plenty of room. 
Pull up a chair, slide over on the bench. 
Find nourishment and hope. 
As we gather at the farm house table. 
The door, always open. 



There is always time. 



Come, sit at my table and sit for a spell. 
Find rest for your soul, seek peace untold. 

Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--
and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--


Breathe in the richness of deep, quiet joy. 
While you come to my table and sit for a spell. 
You may come as a stranger but leave as a friend; 
changed from the moment you walk through that door. 

Galations 3:26
So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith,


No comments:

Post a Comment