Thursday, May 28, 2015

When You Measure Life in Months

The 28th has rolled around again. 
Life is like that. 
The beat ever steady. 
Moving forward. 
Relentless. 
22 months have passed. 
Each day reliving, longing. 
Trying to shake the words, "There's been an accident."
Longing for my boy. 
Longing for the way things were. 

Yet, longing to be more like Christ
Yearning to made into His likeness. 

That my words and actions reflect the deep love He has shown us. 
And I fall short. 
My words and actions the very opposite of what they need to be. 
So, I surrender again the wishes and desires of my heart. 
I let them go;
give them to the giver of all. 
Knowing He has held me all these months. 
Carried us on the wings of His love; loved by a Community and friends. 
I wait for Him to make beauty of these ashes. 

Isaiah 61:1-3
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,and provide for those who grieve in Zion-- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.


He will make all things beautiful in His time. 


I will trust. 
I will hope. 
I will rest. 
My God is fighting for me. 
He is fighting for you. 
He is doing a new thing. 
He has given much grace for our earthly failings. 

Elijah Todd Davis, I miss you with every fiber of my being. 


I long to see you smile and hear your laugh. 


I long for a witty conversation and to see the blue of your eyes. 
I long to make you a cup of coffee and hear your steps on the back porch. 
You would love the new porch. 
The deep ache that lives in me will never go away until I am face to face with my Savior. 
Until then, I will press on this side of eternity, in Jesus' name. 
Holding on to the hope. 
Living and breathing to share the love of Christ. 

I am holding on. . . 


David Crowder
I Am


No comments:

Post a Comment