Friday, July 10, 2015

A re- working of All In The Same Moment

We had been in Maine. 


It was so quiet. 
 No white tornado puppy to great us. 


I had been thinking about our home going and what it would be like. 

How quickly my son would experience that journey. 



Each step of every day draws me closer to the anniversary of the day. 

We attended a Birthday for a sweet family friend. 
We sang Happy Birthday and she opened her presents. 
On the TV ran photos of my children when they were little. 
Pictures of Elijah. 
His blue eyes sparkling. 
The kids so little. 


How quickly it all went. 
It seems like yesterday, my kids were the ones celebrating their first birthdays. 
Now I am about to recognize the  Anniversary of my sons death. 

It's wrong. 
So very wrong. 

I feel like I have been in a bubble. 
Between the deaths and the cancer something has been askew. 

There has been one constant that has been right. 

Each moment held by grace. 
Wrapped in love. 
Feet planted firmly. 
My go to place.
The solid rock.

Psalm 18:31
For who is God besides the LORD?
 And who is the Rock except our God?

My faith in Jesus Christ. 
My years as a mom, wife, believer. 
I am still learning. 
Yet, have gained some wisdom along the journey. 

With love and grace, I pass it along. 

If you have children. 
Slow down. 
Even if you don't; slow down.
Cancel the week long camp. . . go camping. . . even if it's in the back yard. 

Love more. 
Laugh at inappropriate times. 
Take yourself a little less seriously. 
Talk about God. 
A lot. 
Teach your children to pray. 
To love; with every act. 
Be respectful. 
Go to church. 
Live in a Community that knows your name.
And even if they don't; where they will still love on you. 
Find ways to be creative. 
Say I love you. 
All the time. 
Even when you don't feel like it. 
Trust God. 
Breathe deeply. 

Always kiss them good bye when they leave. 
Always.

Hold tight; yet let them spread their wings and fly. 
All in the same moment. 





No comments:

Post a Comment