Saturday, July 4, 2015

That 10 Year Old Firecracker

Firecracker. 
That was Nana's nickname for her. 
She came into this world in a flurry of emergency. 
A whirlwind. 
And has remained that to this day. 
Our baby is double digits. 


The last baby I carried; held within my womb.
A surprise. 
A gift. 
But they all were. 
I was always surprised with the news of "the child within". 
Awestruck at the beauty and holiness. 
And now the youngest of these is 10. 



This wee one that gave me quite a scare 2 weeks ago. 
Who caused me to fall to my knees again. 
Reminding my self that these children of ours are a gift;
 on loan from the King of all Kings. 

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, 
coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, 
who does not change like shifting shadows.

This child that has reminded me to slow down. 


To pay attention to her. (She is the youngest you know) 


She works hard.


She is independent and silly. 


She is inquisitive and sensitive. 
(an interesting combination)




She has known deep grief and heartache for one so young. 
Her wisdom and perspective is a joy to my mama's heart. 

She loves fiercely. 
And is so loved in return. 







I don't know where life will take this bundle of energy with such a sharp mind. 
I do know she is carried on the wings of grace of her Savior. 
I know that no matter what direction she takes she will be held. 

Today we celebrate double digits.

We celebrate Independence. 

Which gives us the Freedom to be dependent on a Holy, 
Righteous and loving God. 

A dependence I am grateful for. 

Happy Birthday Eleanor. 






No comments:

Post a Comment