Friday, January 23, 2015

How Will This Story Unfold?

When I wake up in the land of Glory
(Lyrics to Big Daddy Weaves, Yours Will Be) 

What was he thinking when he woke in the land of Glory? 
My red headed boy. 


The one who laughed rich. 
Blues eyes twinkling. 
Temper bubbling just below the surface as he wrestled with adolescence. 
Big strong hands like his daddy. 
These things. 
I think on. 
These things I miss. 

And with the Saints I will tell my story.

Our story. 
Still not finished. 
His. 
So young. 
Completed. 
The thought still rips like a knife. 
Presses hard on my heart. 
Threatening to pull me under. 


So I cling.
To the Word. 
To the Hope. 


And now, the farmers daughter. 


Her story. 
Intertwined with a foreign culture. 
A piece of her still there. 
Longing for the land which cries out with so many needs. 
Her story at 17. 
The same age as her red headed brother. 
In 6 months, she will surpass him in age. 
Her story. 
Pointing heavenward. 
Leaning in. 
Seeking. 

There will be One Name that I proclaim. 

There is only One Name we proclaim. 

There is one focus. 

This place; not our home. 

Until we take our last breath. 
Proclaiming His name.

Where will we go? 
How will we serve? 

Have you asked these questions? 

This ministry. 
Working to restore; heal. 
Fulfilling the words;

Isaiah 1:17
Learn to do right; seek justice.
 Defend the oppressed. 
Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.

We pray. 
We wait. 
We hope


Big Daddy Weave
Yours Will Be










No comments:

Post a Comment