Monday, January 19, 2015

You Know That Quiet Hush, Right After A Snow Fall? Yes, Me Too

The snow has fallen. 
The world transformed. 
The dirt and brown covered. 
A hush hovers. 
Expectancy. 


The quiet after a snowfall,
A gift. 
I barely dare to take a breath. 
The wonderland; so beautiful. 
I close my eyes.
 I rest in this moment. 
I pause in the presence of a holy God. 
In awe of His creation. 
Such beauty. 

Each day I wrestle with what life should look like. 
What is my role? 
I think many of us do. 
What is my purpose? 
So much has changed. 
I will never be the same. 
And I don't want to be. 
I long to be open and ready to do the work that has been set before me. 
The only thing is- Sometimes I don't know what that work is. 
I become restless and impatient. 
Forgetting the quiet hush. 
Forgetting to look at what is right in front of me. 

Micah 6:8
He hath shown thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

God has shown us. 
In His word He guides and moves us. 

Pslam 119:11
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

That Ancient Word, when hidden in our heart, fills our souls in those moments,
when we are quiet; in His presence. 
His hand will guide the way. 
He has shown us; 
All of us how to live. 
When we are on this  journey of waiting on the Lord.
We continue to rest in the promises given;  
in His unyielding strength. 

No matter what you are waiting on. 



May God give you wisdom and strength. 
May you have courage to wait with expectancy. 

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

While we are waiting we are given strength and renewal. 
We are not forgotten. 



No comments:

Post a Comment