Monday, January 12, 2015

Today. Today They Go

They are leaving their own problems behind. 
Breakdowns, financial woes, planting, harvesting and milking. 
Leaving it behind for 10 days. 
These farmers are stepping away from the land they love, to go. 


Many of them needing much help. 
Have much to do. 
Pressing deadlines. 
But in the middle of a cold and snowy winter, they are boarding planes. 
From Iowa, from Vermont; they are going. 
They have felt the call; the nudge to do more. 
To be a people that says, "yes". 
They will build in the sod of this earth,
 with a greater focus for the Kingdom to come. 
These farmers will use their gifts and skills to help the people of an impoverished land. 
Yet, somehow, I believe it is they who will be changed. 
Those that work the land tirelessly. 
Who rise in the early hours of the morning, day in and day out. 
These are the ones who will be changed. 
Because aren't we the needy people? 
We who have much. 
We are the ones who seek joy. 
Who crave for more. 
Always more. 
Who long for our aching hearts to be filled. 
We're the ones who are in need in a great way. 
So, they will go. 
They will bow to the demands of heat and work. 
It is their way of life; working with the demands of a changing landscape. 
They will gather together to meet; for the first time. 
They will break bread and then step into the work the Lord has planned. 
My farmer and his daughter. 
They are ready. 




Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

This is not my typical genre of music. 
But I loved the words. 
Be blessed. 

Starfield
I Will Go






No comments:

Post a Comment