Saturday, January 23, 2016

Stepping into the Hope Promised, When All I Really Want to do is Throw a Tantrum

"May we cherish a grateful and cheerful disposition, not murmuring and repining if our wishes are not indulged, or because some sorrows are blended with our enjoyments,  But, sensible of our desert, and impressed with the number and greatness of thy benefits, may we bless and praise thee at all times."

My friend sends me this quote. 
I am so grateful for her. 
A book of Puritan prayers. 

The apostle Paul says it this way,



Phillipians 4:12
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

Being content in all circumstances. 
I am a great offender of this concept.
Highly verbal in nature, I spew. 
Really. 
Venomous at times. 
A way to work through thoughts and concepts. 
Reactive. 
Almost like a tantrum; at my age. 
Guilty. 

 "May we cherish a grateful and cheerful disposition, not murmuring and repining  if our wishes are not indulged. . ."

This act is work for me. 
My default to "repine if my wishes are not indulged."
The sinful heart.
Strong in nature. 

When we step out of ourselves; contrary to what the world teaches; 
 we are able to aspire to attain this trait. 

As land is cultivated to produce a crop. 
So is our heart in desperate need of cultivation. 


As the walk without my son continues. 
My journey presses on with much work to do. 


Soul work is hard. 
Living in truth; imperative. 
Each day a gift. 

My friends, yield to the Father. 
To the One who created you. 
Walk a journey of gratitude. 
Giving praise for the rough spots. 
Giving praise for the good. 
God will take that soul and mold it into something beautiful. 

One more sleep until the college girl heads back. 
My soul feels edgy and tight. 
The tension of excitement for her and missing; battling in my spirit. 
I kick my default of grumbling out. 
I rest in praise. 
The hope for this college girl. 
The way in which she will help to shape this world. 

Her future is held in the hands of the One who called her by Name. 
He is working His purpose and will in her life. 
It will be better than anything I could think or imagine,
because it is His doing. 

Isaiah 43:19
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; 
do you not perceive it? 
I am making a way in the wilderness 
and streams in the wasteland.

I surrender the emotion and sadness. 
I step into the hope promised. 

I work at  "cherishing a grateful and cheerful disposition"

No comments:

Post a Comment