Sunday, January 3, 2016

Reaching for More

2016.
It's here. 
With marching orders. 
Progressing. 
At an ever increasing speed. 
Yet constant. 
Away from all that I know. 
Further. 
Towards the unknown. 
Time. 

I am glad 2015 is over. 
2 dear friends; gone to be with Jesus. 
A nephew. 
A father of 4 and a former colleague. 

It seems that it comes so quickly. 
The weight. 
You feel. 
For others. 

But 2015 also held graduation for our now college girl. 



Visits from dear friends. 



A birthday party, for the double digit girl. 
Held at my friends 
who now calls heaven her home. 



Time with family. 


The news of another farmette.


Moments that I cherish. 
That can be overpowered by the grief. 
So beauty is not seen. 


Time moves forward whether our hearts are ready. 
Some moments I feel strong. 
The living rich and full. 
Always missing. 
Yet still ebbing forward. 
Other moments the defeat is great. 
The ache deep. 

So with eyes I glance heavenward.  



Psalm 121:1-3
I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
2My help comes from the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.

3He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber. -ESV



The source of my strength resides in the hands of the One who created me;
with a plan. 
For a purpose.

A beautiful gift. 

2016 is before us. 

Choices to be made. 
Walk each day in grace, seeking truth and direction as He wills; 
Or stay stuck in the muck and mire this world delivers?

It is easy to stay stuck.
 Succumbing to the grief and heaviness. 

To climb and reach high. 
Takes effort. 
Work. 
Putting off all that discourages. 
Taking a step of faith. 

So here I stand. 
With open hands. 
Ready. 
Waiting with expectancy for what will be. 

I am standing on that solid rock. 
Reaching for Truth. 
Believing. 

He will never let me fall. 
He will always walk beside us. 
No matter the struggle. 

May you reach for the grace that is given. 
Freely. 


No comments:

Post a Comment