Saturday, October 3, 2015

His Room is Still Empty. . .And So Is The Tomb

His room is still empty. 
I climb to the top of the stairs. 
It has become cluttered again. . . 
with stuff. 
Stuff that isn't his. 
Extra baggage that doesn't belong there. 

Our new adventure has consumed much energy. 




Each time a list complete. . . another, just as long, emerges. 
Details begat more details. 
Things we hadn't noticed before, began to come to light. 

We were taking the time to examine. 

My quiet time has been filled with me talking. 
Me requesting. 
Pushing off time in the Ancient Word. 


Spending time instead on forms and taxes and legal requirements. 
Those quiet moments with God being pushed aside. 
So subtly I didn't even notice. 

Those things are important. 
Vitally important. 

So is the time we spend with God. 

As we draw closer he refines us. 
Purifies us. 
He exposes the areas in need of change. 
He walks with us. 
He nourishes us. 
He loves us enough to not leave us where we are;
 but to remove our dross. 
And make us more into His likeness. 

I Corinthians 13:12
For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And as I climb those stairs. . . I think on these things. 

His room will remain empty of him. . . but cluttered with stuff, 
until I choose to go and enter in. 
Enter in to the pain and memories. 
Enter in to the joy and thrill of parenting. 
Remembering the beautiful. 

God is at work. 
He never slumber nor sleeps. 

Psalm 121:4
indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.


Though my heart aches and I struggle to define priorities. 
God has not left my side. 
He never said this road would be easy. 
He has always said that he would be there. 

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


Our journey is not finished. 


We have work to do. 

Jesus is coming back. 

The tomb is empty my friends. 

One day He will wipe away every tear. 

And that should be our focus. 

Life. . . One on one. 

Meeting needs. 

Waiting to see. 
Because the best. . . is yet to come. 






No comments:

Post a Comment