Saturday, October 31, 2015

An Act of Obedience

It's been a while 
I wake to the heavy, raw feeling. 
My constant companion for so long. 
The weight pressing in. 
I haven't slept well. 
A needy dog. 
I feel tired. 
Worn. 
These days. 
Are the hardest. 
The pushing through. 
Imperative. 
Yet the strength it takes. 
The work. 
I close my eyes. 
I trust. 
I cry out to the LORD. 
It is only by his grace. 
It is by his power, that we move. 
His journey to the cross. 


My journey to glory. 
I will myself to begin the day. 
I lay all of my thoughts and emotions at the feet of Jesus. 

2 Corinthians 10:5
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

This is an act of obedience. 
A battle of the wills. 
The missing is great these days. 
The Halloween's past. 
Walking past his room. . . day after day. 
Hopes and dreams dashed. 



So much is changing. 
It's so easy to sit and despair. 
But I will not succumb. 
I head to the Ancient Word. 
I sit in the stillness of the morning. 
This day belongs to the Creator of the Universe. 
I long to be his hands and feet. 
I rest in the quiet;
listening for His voice. 
I don't want to do the work of this world on my own. 
I want to know and be known. 
It is only in his quiet presence that the stillness of my heart can be heard. 
Left to it's own, my spirit races and dances with anxiety. 
The heaviness descends and threatens to choke.
It is in His strength that I step. 
In His grace that I bow my knee and lift my hands in sweet surrender. 
We don't have to walk this journey alone. 
We have One who intercede's on our behalf. 
What a gift. 
It is this that guides my thoughts. 
I breathe deeply the freedom in Christ. 
No matter how heavy this world becomes, 
there is One who longs to carry my burden. 

Matthew 11:28
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,
 and I will give you rest.

The sun peeks over the mountain, casting pink and cloudy rays of light. 
A new day is dawning. 
I will walk in the hope and strength given. 
My eyes are wide open. 
My spirit weak; but willing. 
With each breath I take I will seek to do the Father's will.

Psalm 31:4
Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.


Casting Crowns
Just be Held

Hold it all together
Everybody needs you strong
But life hits you out of nowhere
And barely leaves you holding on

And when you're tired of fighting
Chained by your control
There's freedom in surrender
Lay it down and let it go

So when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away
You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held
Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place
I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
Just be held, just be held

If your eyes are on the storm
You'll wonder if I love you still
But if your eyes are on the cross
You'll know I always have and I always will
And not a tear is wasted
In time, you'll understand
I'm painting beauty with the ashes
Your life is in My hands
Lift your hands, lift your eyes
In the storm is where you'll find Me
And where you are, I'll hold your heart
I'll hold your heart
Come to Me, find your rest
In the arms of the God who won't let go


No comments:

Post a Comment