Wednesday, December 10, 2014

What Do You Do When The Soul Ache Is Deep?

Sometimes there are just no words.


When the searing pain creeps in. 


The ache unbearable. 


The silent screams wanting a voice for all this to not be. 


It's Advent. 
A Season of Preparation. 
And today breathing seems hard. 


And we're told when there are no words. 
When the soul ache is so deep; we would have a comforter. 

Romans 8:26
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

This comforter intercedes for us when the living is too hard. 
When the soul ache reaches deep. 

I hold on to Hope. 
I cling to the Rock that is higher than. 

God hears my cries. 
He knows my searing pain and shattered heart. 
He will fill me.
He alone will restore my joy. 
In Him alone will I rest. 

I am packing to go see my dad and brothers. 
My dad is much altered since I have seen him last. 
The memory thief  relentless in its pursuit. 
As cancer sought my mom, so the memory thief pursues my dad. 
Yet, I am reminded in the Ancient Word that each of these events passed through the Father's hand before they came to be. 
And if I claim to trust the One who allows these to happen, then I must trust the process. 
Our eyes need to be focused further ahead than the present circumstances. 
We are on but a journey in this world. 

What is to come is the greater gift. 

As the Holy Spirit fills the crevices and cracks of my weary soul, I am at peace. 
The silent screams softened to praises for my King. 

Hebrews 13:15
Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise--
the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.

The ache turned to uplifted eyes to the hills from which my strength comes. 


I breathe deep the heady scent of pine. 
The lights shimmer reflecting sparkling hues off the orbs surrounding them.
The Christmas Tree. 
A symbol of life. 
Life given on a cross for me for you. 
Our fragile hearts held, when we can bear it no longer. 
Praises offered to the King that came as a babe, for us. 

2 Corinthians 5:21
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, 
so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

May your precious shattered heart become whole today,
 as the One who called you into being,
 fills the broken pieces with his immeasurable love. 

Chris Tomlin
Jesus Messiah


No comments:

Post a Comment