Tuesday, September 3, 2013

He Will Set All Things Straight

The ache starts at the back of my throat,
 then travels to my stomach.
My eyes fill with tears. They spill over.
I can not stop them.
How can you be gone. . .
Each day a memory. Each day a reminder of what we have lost;


what a mother feels when her child is taken from her.
But I am not alone.
Countless other mama's have had their children taken far too soon. 
And we become strong. 
Our lives are never the same. 
I cry out to the God of the heavens.
He hears my cry. 
He knows my pain. 
And while I long for my son to return to me. . .


that is not God's will.
That is not the journey he has for us to take. 
He knows best. And he is working out His will in us. 
I will never be the same, ever. 
I could become bitter, I can feel it right there. . . 
Staying in the; why me? What did I do to deserve this? 
Why Elijah? Is not a good place to be.
He was a good kid. He had so much going for him. He valued life. He was handsome and smart. He had faith. He was strong. We need strong men in this world. 
WHY HIM?
Why do murderers and really terrible people live? 
And the good die young?

But why not him? 
Sin entered the world and all has been in upheaval since.
Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
The world is groaning for the Savior to return and set all things right.
And some day he will.
He will set all things straight.
And this ache. . .this pain, will be turned to dancing.
Until then,
I bend my knee in humble submission. . . because this road is hard. 

He knows my heart. . . He knows my need. 


1 comment:

  1. I ask my self these questions every day, why do good people die and awful human beings live. Ive beein folllowing your blogs, and can feel your pay, I've been praying for your family and for his friends and his girlfriend, what an awful hurt you all must feel. Just remember he will always be with you watching down and proud of the family he has.

    ReplyDelete