Sunday, September 15, 2013

Is 7 weeks too long in God's Timing?


It's been 7 weeks without my red headed boy.
7 weeks since we had unexpected visitors.


7 weeks of waking up with the agony of the truth that he is gone.
7 weeks of, how can this be? 
I remember everything about the day he left us.
Every detail so crisp. . . 
The looks. . .Each time Elijah looked at me that day. . .I recall.
There are things I want to think about, but can't yet. 
It is too raw.

Today the farm was visited by more of that wild grace.
I can't grasp why so many people. . .busy with mountains of their own tasks, would so freely come here.
More wood;  cut and split.
More wood stacked.
A part of our burden is lifted. . .
The tyranny of the urgent relieved.
I keep hearing how blessed folks have been to be here.
What is it?

I don't know how to begin to say thank you.
Honestly, I don't even know whom to thank.

7 weeks of being carried and wrapped in the arms of this community.
7 weeks of cards, flowers, meals, hugs, tears, searing heartache and immense love.
7 weeks feels like an eternity to me.
My heart drops and the fire in my throat burns.
How does God see time?
He is eternal.
Time is in his hands.

2 Peter 3:8
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: 
With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.


And time is what He has given us. Time, still here on earth.
Time to make a difference.
Time to share the hope we have in Christ.
And as we all continue to dig through the fog,
grasping to find meaning in this, we will continue to look up.
Because  there is no place we would rather be. . .even in this hard time. . .than in the palm of God's hand.

Psalm 84:10
Better is one day in your courts
    than a thousand elsewhere;




No comments:

Post a Comment