Saturday, March 1, 2014

These Words, To Live By

Because He Lives. . 
I can hear her singing now. 


I can face tomorrow, Because He lives, All fear is gone. 
I know the words by heart. 
She often sang it as cancer's clutches tightened their grip.  


Because I know who holds the future, 
And life is worth the living 
Just because He lives. 
My mom loved music.
She loved all kinds of music
I grew up listening to albums of the Beach Boys, Rhapsody in Blue, 
The Kingston Trio and even the Smothers Brothers. 
There was always music coming from that stereo in the hall. 
I can still hear the sound the albums would make, especially at Christmas, when the album would change. 
Even now listening to songs evoke a memory. 
And today when Gary's depression has hit a low; as the sun sank lower in the sky and the pinkish hue caught me off guard; as the uncertainty of these days threaten to overwhelm; these words come to me. 


Because He lives. . . I can face tomorrow. 
I can't do this on my own. 
There is nothing left to give. 
I am broken and spilled out. 
I am grieving. I am trying to run a business. I am trying to be strong for these children in my nest. 
And for the moment, I close my eyes; I hear the beautiful words. 
Because I know who holds the future. . .
I do know who holds the future.
I know without a shadow of a doubt, that God is right there.
 Though I can't see Him.  
And though things around me are falling apart.
I know He is right there. 
And you know what? He's going to make it all beautiful.

2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this 
all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

 Really He will. 
He is going to take this broken situation. He is going to take all this pain and heartache. 
And He is going to make something beautiful.
 Because that is what He does. 
He is the God who restores. He is the God who heals. 
He is mighty and merciful. 
And He's coming back. 
And when He does. You're not going to want to miss it. 

And then one day, I'll cross the river
I'll fight life's final war with pain
And then as death gives way to victory
I'll see the lights of glory
And I'll know He lives. 

Won't you take a few moments and listen to this song. 
I pray that all your fear will be gone. And that you will know He lives. 
That you can surrender all that hurts and causes you pain. 
That for a moment you can find the peace that comes, 
when you know who holds your future. 



No comments:

Post a Comment