Thursday, March 13, 2014

When The Snow Piles High And The Drifts Impassable

Pushing through the dark. 
Looking for the light. 
Holding tight the truth. 
Letting go the fear. 
Wondering how this new life works. 
Digging deep for strength.
Resting in the One.
Reaching for Hope.

This journey continues to stretch me to the fullest.
Each day, I seek to rest not in the what if's, but in the what I knows.
When all is shaking around me, there is a calm.
An assurance so sweet.


The snow piles high and the drifts impassable.
The wind howls.
But yet the farmer presses on.
The cows are milked.
The rhythm of the day continues.
It is that rhythm that misses a beat; all so wrong.
But still we press on.


We bow our head in humble submission.
We bend under the weight.
But we will not break.

2 Corinthians 4:8
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed;
 perplexed, but not in despair;

Today I push the memories aside and linger at the cross.
I wait with expectancy of what will come.
I lean into the pain.
I embrace the journey.

On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand. 
All other ground is sinking sand. 
I pray you can take the time to listen to the words of this song.
Because in my world there is no other place to stand.
And I long for the day when He shall come with trumpet sound
Oh may I then in Him be found.
dressed in His Righteousness alone
Faultless to stand before the throne






No comments:

Post a Comment