Sunday, March 2, 2014

We Don't Like To Be Uncomfortable. . . But Sometimes Uncomfortable Is Where We Need To Be

They sit in the corner and gather dust. 
Memories on hold. 
The beat stuck for all time. 
I don't know what to do with them. 
Mostly I stand and stare.
While another piece of my heart breaks away.


I remember.
I try to hear the sounds and feel the rhythms to no avail. 
They are silenced. 
It's a new rhythm now.
Set in a key and time change I am not comfortable with.
There are too many accidentals and I stumble over the melody line.
The timbre harsh and abrasive.
Some new friends come to visit. Members of the club no one asks for.
Further along the grieving journey.
Yet, always grieving.
Just not stuck.
The common theme allowing free conversation.
I feel peaceful.
I know Jesus desires us to rest in who He is.
I know He holds our hurt closely.
By being in community with those around us we are spurred to peace.
When we bottle up our pain or hurt, it will seep out somehow.
I didn't talk about the drums.


We shared other pieces of the journey.
We talked through depression and issues where some relief may be given.
Nothing was solved. Nothing was changed. 
Yet, my spirit is lighter this morning.
We need each other. 
God calls us to be in community.
And sometimes that doesn't feel good.
We need to do hard things.
We need to go places that are uncomfortable.


Your neighbor next door may need your help; just as much as the child in Africa.
Do you know? 
Do you know your neighbors?
It takes one small act to reach out.
One batch of cookies. One offer of help when the snow or ice pile high.

I can't change the silent drums.
I can't change the beat.
But I can create a new rhythm.

Isaiah 43:19
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? 
I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.


The melodic structure may be rough at times,
 but with practice;we all can.
Each day. 
It doesn't take much to reach out; and be Jesus to someone.

With every act of love. . . we bring the Kingdom come.
As heaven touches earth. 

Be the door for someone today.




No comments:

Post a Comment