Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Primrose And Rain

A primrose. 


I bought it the other day. 
Something about the "living" yellow flower drew me. 
Because this is my reality at the end of March.


I don't know how long I will be able to keep it alive. 
I water it and move it from sunbeam to sunbeam; when there is one. 
Today though, there is only the sound of drip, drip. 
The sound should fill me with glee!
It has warmed up enough to rain. 
Instead I am filled with dread. 
The basement will flood. 
What is it like at the barn?
What will the river do? 
This. will. not. be. good. for. the. manure. pit. at. all. 
But it's warmer.
And no matter what happens we will deal with it. 
We always do. 
There is always hope. 
I'll keep looking at my primrose, while it survives. 
I probably should have let someone else buy it. 
I will listen to the drip, drip and think of the days reading 
"Thundercake" to the kids on the porch swing. 
I will head to Worship this morning.
I will place all my worries and cares in the hands of the One who has the plans set before us. 
He will equip us with all we need to walk through this journey. 
Really, He will. 
Do you believe it? 
He is able to meet all our needs. 
Maybe not in the way we expected. 
But He will. 

Philippians 4:19
And my God will meet all your needs according 
to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment