Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Being Molded Hurts

My washing machine is broken.
It's been that way since Saturday.
It's a 5 minute fix.
A sensor that has repeatedly needed to be replaced over the past 4 years.
 5 days, so far, of no laundry.
With 6 people, a dairy farm and hot and humid weather this is a stinky situation.
It is also one that is testing me to the core. 
I don't like the answer I was given.
To wait one week to have a washer serviced is unacceptable in my book.
I have paid for a maintenance warranty.
I have expectations.
They tell me I have options.
I can rent a washer.
My farmer says no.
The last time the technicians installed the washer they did it wrong and
he spent hours fixing the mess they made.
My other option is the Laundry Mat.
I BOUGHT A WASHER SO I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO THE LAUNDRY MAT.
I am inconvenienced.
I am so unsettled in my soul.
I want the service department to be diligent.
A week to me is not good service.
I know, first world problems, as Elijah would say. 

 I am trying to be grateful for the inconvenience.
Trying to embrace what God would have me learn through this situation.

Philippians 4:12
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. 
I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, 
whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

I struggled to be calm with the service personnel on the phone.
I prayed for her.
I wanted my way.
I am inconvenienced. 
I feel like a child.
I want to scream and get my way.
I am hurting and everything seems overwhelming.
 I need to be content. 
There is a reason.
Being content leads you to grace. 
Grace brings a humbleness and reliance on God.

I head to the Ancient Word.


I read about obedience.
Regardless of the situation.
Obedience is most important.

It is not about me.
It is about being refined and molded into the person Christ wants me to become.

Malachi 3:3
He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; 
he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. 
Then the LORD will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness,


Purify my heart Lord. 
Even when things don't go my way, I want to be humble.
I don't want to usurp your ways.
Help me to be content. 
Teach me to see beauty in these situations.

My heart's one desire
Is to be holy
Set apart for you, Lord
I choose to be holy. . .
Purify my heart



No comments:

Post a Comment