Wednesday, July 23, 2014

How Do You Make The Glorious Summer Days Last?

How do you make the glorious summer days last?


Seeking to embrace the quiet. 
Loving the cool breeze and sunshine. 
Yet the urgent supersedes.
Never ending. 
Constant motion. 
Be still.
I want to slow the pace.


I want to breathe it all in; not miss anything.
It is hot. 
We sit in the river; my sister in law and I.
The first time all summer. 
I close my eyes; I feel the warmth of the sun.
I want to hold on to this time.
Remember the warmth when the winter cold settles.
I feel the cool water flowing beneath me.
Aren't all the days fleeting?

Psalm 39:4
"Show me, LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; 
let me know how fleeting my life is.

Embracing each moment.
The good; the heart wrenching.
Letting God order the path.
We head to the house.


None of us quite ready to give up the glorious day.
We sit by a bonfire.
I give thanks for our friends. 
For this moment in time.
The future is still too hard to imagine.
I will linger in the moments.

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment