Thursday, July 31, 2014

How a Community Grieves; A Year Later

Another repost from the archives. These days are still so fresh as we journey forward. We have had many, many visitors this year to the farm. Friends I have not seen in years, bringing hugs and love. All trying to make some sense of this difficult time. It has been a year of grace and trusting through the storms. Our farmhouse doors will remain open. We will walk the journey in this life with bowed knee and eyes lifted to the heavens. 

Psalm 121:1-4
I lift up my eyes to the hills
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved
he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

July 29, 204
How A Community Grieves a year later.
The teens and their families gather together. 
Their words are few. 
All remembering. 
All stepping forward. 
College. 
Jobs. 
A future


We remember. 




One year ago today. 

July 31, 2013
The day we welcomed our Community in to say Good Bye. 
What we received was completely unexpected. 
A town, a church, friends, family all affected by the life of such a wonderful young man. 
We had no idea. 

We had visitors again.


This time they received an open invitation.
They didn't have to come. 
It was just an offering. 

But come they did.
Young, old, students. friends, teachers, 
some whom we had never met, relatives. 
They came.
Broken, shattered with grief. 

When a community mourns
You don't feel alone.
For moments you're so supported.


We did not see this . We had no idea how long people were waiting. . 
Waiting to hold us and whisper love into our hearts. 
I didn't want the day to end. 
I knew what it meant.
I know what comes next.


The sum of a young man's life presented in the parlor of his home.
 Laid to rest where other relatives have predeceased him. 
None so young.



Treasures and stores of memories


Crazy Children


Lots of Love




 Blessings


And now Grace


We will miss hearing you play today; 
I bet the heavenly choir will be rockin'


But we know without a shadow of a doubt we will see him again. 

I love this song by JJ Heller
May you find peace an comfort today. 
May you rest in the everlasting arms of the LORD. 
If you don't have a relationship with Christ 
I have unanswered prayers
I have trouble I wish wasn't there
And I have asked a thousand ways
That you would take my pain away
You would take my pain away

I am trying to understand
How to walk this weary land
Make straight the paths that crooked lie
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine

When my world is shaking, heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave your hands

When you walked upon the earth
You healed the broken, lost and hurt
I know you hate to see me cry
One day you will set all things right
Yeah, one day you will set all things right

When my world is shaking, heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave your hands

Your hands that shaped the world
Are holding me
They hold me still



No comments:

Post a Comment