Sunday, July 20, 2014

Swaying With The Changes

The kids will head to camp today. 
I can't get the teenagers up to help get chores finished.
But today they are up shortly after me. 


Excitement. 
Memories.
Time with fellow believers. 
Growing closer to God. 
Being refreshed and renewed.
Reminders of hope;  of life everlasting. 
I will make the drive to New York without my farmer. 
Life goes that way some times. 
There was a breakdown yesterday. 
So plans, for today, are changed. 
I don't do so well with change anymore. 
I can feel myself being unsettled. 
I take a deep breath. 
Even this, a trip to New York, is in God's hands. 
Once again, the day is beautiful. 
I have been so blessed with gorgeous travelling weather. 
This is the Lord's day.
I will rejoice and be glad in it. 
Psalm 118:24

I will rest in this day that belongs to the Lord. 
I will find the beauty in the created Universe. 
Such a gift. 
I just need eyes to see. 
Trying to let go of my Agenda and submit to the One who majors in Agenda's. 
I am embracing these days. 
Swaying with the changes. 
Trying to be open to God's Spirit moving. 

Jeremiah 31:3
The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: 
"I have loved you with an everlasting love;
 I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.

He loves us with an everlasting love. 
No one else ever will. 
No one ever can.
People will let us down. 
We are human. 
We make mistakes. 
That's why there is grace. 
We need to extend it more. 
Be open to how God is moving. 
Remembering no one perfect; except Christ. 


I will listen to a book on tape. 
I will step into the change for today. 
I am going to miss these kids this week. 
I will have all week to pray and prepare for the return trip to bring them home. 
It will be a year then, that our lives changed forever. 

Psalm 25:1-5
Of David. In you, LORD my God, I put my trust.
I trust in you; do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me 
No one who hopes in you will ever be put to shame,
 but shame will come on those who are treacherous without cause.
Guide me in your truth and teach me, 
for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.


No comments:

Post a Comment