Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Everyday

He comes to visit.
On his way home from work. 
He sits with us on the porch. 


So different. 
Elijah's friend. 
Here to talk about the fundraiser. 
A fund raiser to bless graduates. 
Hopefully many more along the way. 
To help. 
Offer support. 
In Elijah's name. 
Because he has been called home. 
I look at this boy in front of me. 
He and Elijah friends since they were small. 
I can't help but wonder. 
What would Elijah be doing right now?
How hard this must be for Elijah's friend; helping with this fund raiser.
We work out details.
We chat a bit about how he is doing. 
It's time for him to leave. 
I watch him drive away. 
I must surrender, each day, my will, my desires. 
I return to my bible reading. 
It is one step at a time. 
Don't look back. 
Don't attempt to go ahead. 
Just focus on the here. 
Give thanks for the moment. 
Breathe deep. 
Do the best with what God has placed before me. 

Deuteronomy 31:8
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you;
 he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."


I know who goes before me.
I know who stands behind. 
The God of Angel armies is always by my side.


* Thursday, August 7, 5:30 pm. On The Davis Farm. Come gather with our community as we enjoy a meal, music and memories. We will raise support for the Elijah Davis Memorial Fund. 

No comments:

Post a Comment