Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I Am Found

Each day I read last years post. 
Counting down the days of his life.


Searching for meaning. 
Something I have missed. 
Like an addict looking for a hit. 
I want to see something. 
I long for just a glimpse. 
It consumes me; if I let it. 
How I want to touch or feel something connected to him. 
These final days of his life. 
He would live for 19 more days. 
That is it. 
I didn't know.
My son. Full of hope; a future. 
We were mourning the loss of our puppy. Still grieving my mom,
 my parents dog,  my dad's sister and a long time family friend. 
Caught in a sea of emotions. 
Searching.
It happened in a moment.
I wasn't there.
For a moment I feel so lost. 
But I am found. 
Amazing Grace. 
My search completed long ago. 
Bought, sought and paid for by the King. 
My soul; ransomed. 
I am pressed in but NOT crushed.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, 
but not in despair;persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

With that purchase of my soul, I have the hope of eternal life. 
I rest in the assurance that Elijah stands with the King of Kings. 
I know where he is. 
His life; with purpose, was finished.
I don't like it.  
I long for the course planned for me to be different. 
It is not.
This is the walk placed before me.
I am not abandoned. 
I am not destroyed. 
I have been found, rescued. 
I take my eyes off the focus of me. 
I place them on the Light that shatters the darkness. 
I walk in immeasurable hope. 
I cling to promises made long ago by a God who will never let us down. 
I may never see or understand his plan this side of eternity. 
But oh, what waits for us in glory is the joy I am clinging to. 

No storm can shake my inmost calm
While to that rock I'm clinging.
It sounds an echo in my soul
How can I keep from singing?

Pete Seeger   
How can I keep from Singing







2 comments:

  1. I'm singing that now, as a prayer for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May we all all have the strength to keep singing.

      Delete