Saturday, July 19, 2014

This Is Not All There Is

It's less than 10 days-
he would have had here on this earth. 
We had no idea. 
These days were his last. 
Each moment priceless. 
I step forward each day  . 
Missing. 
Yet needing to press on. 
Washing, cleaning, cooking. 
Bills, groceries; life. 
Life that is holy.
Purposeful.
I check in with the kids and ask how they are. 
The sweet girl, more woman than girl, says she's fine. 
I push her. 
She looks at me and says, really, I am fine.
He's better off. 
It's where I want to be. 
She's lost so much. 



So wise. 

Hebrews 13:14
For this world is not our permanent home; 
we are looking forward to a home yet to come.

We are destined for the eternal. 
This life is fleeting. 
The time we have here, lived to glorify the One who gave himself for all. 
Pressing on toward the goal which Christ has called us heavenward. 

Philippians 3:14
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me 
heavenward in Christ Jesus.

The pain of this world spurs us on to the next. 
This is not all there is. 
There is more. 
Clarissa and Cedric will travel to camp this week. 
This is monumental for them. 
A week later their lives would be forever changed. 
Please join me in praying for them and the many other kids who will wrestle with the gospel. 
May they be challenged and encouraged. 
I pray that their faith will increase. 
Their joy; richer.
Hope; unleashed. 
Each one of these milestones bring about a richness in the fullness of Christ. 
We have no other hope than in Him. 
It is because of Him that we are able to say. 

"It is Well With My Soul"

Horatio Spafford lost his son, experience financial ruin and then a tragic loss
 at sea where his four daughters drown; only his wife survived. 
This is the hymn he penned after that loss. 





No comments:

Post a Comment