Monday, November 9, 2015

Great is Thy Faithfulness Day #9 of Thankfulness

A few months ago I lost something that was dear to me.
 It was just a material possession so, I let it go. 
I've lost so much more. 
Then tonight as I put on a jacket and reached in the pocket.
My lost item had been found. 
A sweet sensation spilled over my being. 
An unexpected surprise. 
In gratitude I shared my find. 

Sometimes we are lost. 
Looking and searching for that which we can not find. 
This year has been full of continuing changes. 
My dad getting new digs in a nursing home, Clarissa graduating and leaving for college, our church in transition as we seek a new pastor, a new niece, our farm family suddenly returning to CA, our nephew unexpectedly meeting Jesus. 
So much change. 
Some good, some heart wrenching. 
Always seeking. 
As I reached into my pocket and grasped that lost, dear item;
my heart leaped. 
This is how we are in Christ. 
He reaches down to those deep places. 
He holds on with a firm grip. 
Tightly. 
As the storms rage. 
He never loses his grip. 
We may flail. 
We may try to loosen the grip. 
He remains steadfast. 





I am thankful for:

The vote to call David Coons as our pastor
a message reminding us about the truth of what God believes about us
dinner with friends
an afternoon surprise coffee visit
the hard parts of parenting (ok not really but I'm trying)
being a in body of Christ committed to prayer, committed to making a difference in this world
the hope found in Christ
wrestling through the hard times- I may not like them, at all- but God is doing a new thing
texts from the oldest 2 daughters 
the technology to face time
the up coming trip to Haiti
prayer
friends who take the littlest-who is not feeling well- home from church so I can stay and listen to the message
a friend who write an hysterical monologue on facebook about granny panties- and I laugh until I cry

Lamentations 3:22-23
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end;they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.


No comments:

Post a Comment