Thursday, November 19, 2015

Despair is but a Step Away Day #19 of Thankfulness

Two years ago; this was our walk. 
We are still clinging to that same hope two years later. 
Rejoicing in cancer being at bay. 
Learning to live with our precious red head residing with the King of Kings. 
Remembering God is good. . . all the time. 
Though despair, at times is only a step away. 
God offers hope that is so much greater. 
-------------------------------------------------------------
November 19, 2013
To Despair is to Turn Your Back on God Day #19 of Thankfulness

To despair is to turn your back on God.
                                   -Marilla Cuthbert Anne of Green Gables

If I despair. Not only do I turn my back on God but I take away the hope that he has promised. 
Will I only take the good in this life and not the bad? 
Though it seems like the bad has tipped the scales.
But has it? 
Who am I to decide what is enough?



John 16:33
I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. 
In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

God himself is no stranger to the death of a son. 
He himself bore the pain of the sins of this world.
For me.
For you. 
And with every breath I have left I will praise Him.

(With John Piper) 


Take a moment if you will. . .to listen to this to the end. 
John Piper finishes the video with powerful words for all of us. 

 The Lymph nodes they took, are cancerous.
Another bout of bad news in the litany before us.
Another battle to face. 
A battle we enter tired and worn.
And though you slay, yet I will praise you
Though you take from me I bless your name.
Though you ruin me.. .still I will worship. 

Because. It's not about me. 

Galatians 2:20


I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, 
but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, 
I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Day #19 of Thankfulness
I am thankful for:
Cousins who stop in to visit just at the right time
Another cousin that had planned to visit so we don't have to be alone-
even before we knew the results
And yet another cousin-across the miles that breathes the Word into my soul
A faithful God forever
Nothing to fear He has it all covered
Even in death. . .there is life
Hope
Sisters in laws that will never let me go
My farmer 
 another journey where God can manifest his grace in so many ways
My mom who said, "My cancer has become a blessing"
My children who face adversity with such resolve and grace 
This community, while even in the waiting, reminds us of how close they are
God's word, it is never failing

We will walk step by step in his grace
Praising God for His presence in our life



Psalm 107:1
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.

1 comment:

  1. Great article with excellent thought and beautiful picture ! I appreciate your post. Thanks so much and let keep on sharing your stuffs keep it up.

    ReplyDelete