Thursday, November 26, 2015

Intentional Praise Day # 26 of Thankfulness

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him above ye Heavenly hosts
Praise Father Son and Holy Ghost


We sing it every Sunday. 
For years. 
In response to giving. 
To giving of His tithe and our offering. 
The words and melody simple and familiar. 

Everyone Praise Him 

It doesn't say where, or when. 
Just to praise. 
In obedience. 
All creatures. 
Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

Stepping into gratitude when you want
 to step right back to bed takes practice. 
Each day tiny steps. 
Remember to encourage each other with life giving words. 
Find a way. 
Seek the blessed. 
Find the good. 
Reach for hope. 
While the missing is deep today, the choice to order my steps
 toward hope was intentional. 
We'll gather around this farm house table to celebrate our gratitude. 


Two families deep in grief. 
Two families standing on the promises of hope. 
I can not do this alone. 
My flesh is weak. 
But He is strong and in Him is my trust. 

Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song.
the Lord is the strength of his people,
a fortress of salvation for his anointed one. 




I am thankful for:
a week of surprises and love
blessings in Best Buy
a puppy who is getting stronger each day
the college girl being home
the oldest farm girl and the traditions she is making with the farmette
the farm boy and two little girls-who aren't so little anymore
forgiveness
the pink hues of the sunrise
50 degrees on Thanksgiving Day
a day set aside for giving thanks
quiet mornings and hot coffee by the fire
the Ancient Word that brings life to my weary soul
opportunities to serve in other countries
people who want to help serve the people of Haiti and drop of items to the farm
not always knowing the outcome; learning how to trust
my farmer and our life together;
 it is not always easy and we have much to learn;
prayer
all I am learning in this journey with God 


May your day be rich in the goodness and love meant for all. 
Laying down my life at the foot of the cross was 
the best decision I have ever made. 
May you know that complete peace that is offered freely. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment