Saturday, November 28, 2015

How Gratitude Changes Us Day #28 of Thankfulness

I have chosen, with God's help, to walk a journey of Thankfulness this month. 
It is a practice that is cultivated. 
It requires digging deep and reflection. 
Finding things to be thankful for is not always easy. 
There are things to gripe and complain about. 
Rights violated, feelings hurt, fairness not applied. 
This is what makes the world turn. 
Injustices. 
Anger. 
Greed. 
Getting ahead. 
At all cost. 
Glamour and prestige. 
The spotlight. 

Yet isn't that what Jesus fought the whole time he was here on earth? 

The idea that he was a King? 

His desire; to seek and serve. 
His desire; for souls to be changed. 
From the inside out. 
He spoke against sin and the devastating affects it has. 
Yet he came along side the sinner. 
He didn't leave them there. 
He walked with them. 
He walks with us. 
He requires change. 
When we yield to gratitude something inside us changes. 
We look for the gift in life. 
I am choosing to look more and more for that gift. 


I am thankful for:
friends and family visiting through the day
a farmhouse table full of young and old, munching on leftovers
doors flung open, welcoming those who enter in
the farm boy and his ability to create beauty where I see none
these warm days; so strange
mowing hay on November 27
large font size
decorating for Christmas




the girls and Rachel helping to get the house decorated 
the opportunity to get away for a quick overnight to MA for our new nieces baptism
the promise and hope of Advent
intentionally naming my thanks
choosing gratitude
leftovers
pie
white lights


memories
grace 
this run down farmhouse with torn curtains and broken windows; I love every inch
the reminder that I am loved no matter how difficult or lousy I feel

Jeremiah 31:3
The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment