Tuesday, November 3, 2015

I Really Don't Want to Write this Post Day #3 of Thankfulness

The day is beautiful. 
Picturesque. 
Warm. 
Colors spectacular. 
It is easy to step into Praise. 
To give thanks for all. 
But what about the hard times? 
Those days when you can hardly breathe. 
I really don't want to write about this. 
I don't want to be uncomfortable. 
How does the gratitude work when your 
When you watched your mom struggle with 
every breath her last weeks on this earth. 
When the finances are so bad you can barely hang on. 
When two of your friends head on ahead of you to meet Jesus. 
When moment after moment the hard knocks on your door. 
How does the praise work?
How do you crawl out of bed to face a new day?

Zechariah 4:6
So he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel:
'Not by might nor by power, 
but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty.

It is not by our power we do these things. 
It is by the power of Christ in us. 
To be held captive by Him. 
We can't do it. 
I know I don't want to. 

Can you praise him for the difficult things? 

2 Peter 1:5-7
For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love

I am working on this. 
These are hard things. 
My flesh wants answers and to understand. 
My spirit needs to yield. 
I can not see the whole picture. 
There is a plan. 
I just can not see it. . . yet. 

I am able to praise him in the storm. 
To live fully for him. 
Praising him for the storm. . . I am working on that. 





I am grateful for:
learning how to Praise Him for the storm
praising him in the storm
the ways in which we have grown since Elijah's home going
for the people we have met along this journey
dr's and nurses who work so tirelessly with cancer patients
a community that never lets us go
a display in the sky of God's never ending promises
3 days in a row God sent a rainbow as we celebrated Micah's life



for a sister in law that grieves displaying amazing grace
for hot coffee and time to ponder the hard

Won't you join us in 30 days of Gratitude? 
Jump right in. 
Let us know how it is going for you. 






1 comment:

  1. Very interesting and thoughtful article.
    Thanks for sharing..Tammy

    ReplyDelete