Monday, November 16, 2015

Sunday Dinner Day # 16

They gathered around the farmhouse table. 
Sunday dinner. 
These young men. 
Telling tales. 
Laughing. 
Looking at some hard times with humor. 
They are finding their way. 
The farm boy is digging deep these days. 
A change. 
Wrestling with the demons that threaten to pull one under. 
He gathers here and laughs. 
But yet so different. 
This farm boy has a carefree nature. 
Throws caution to the wind. 
(not always a good thing)
Living. 
Embracing. 
Fully. 
That with which I struggle. 
Slowly. 
He always has. 

Matthew 13:5
For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.' But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.



I am thankful for:
Laughter around the farmhouse table
For young men willing to live differently
quiet afternoons
a Youth Pastor that loves our kids
4 more sleeps until the college girl comes home
gratitude
these hard times that are driving me to my knees
a God who never lets go
the freedom of opinions
(Do we understand how uncensored we are in this country? )
the freedom to attend church-to openly express my love for Jesus
opportunities to be the hands and feet of Jesus
heat
my farmer who never gives up, always perseveres
the Ancient Word; may it guide us in Truth
the farmette who face times with her Papa to see the cows


Stepping in to this Monday actively seeking grace.
Intentionally watching for glimpses of gratitude. 
Will you join me in this walk? 


Psalm 146:1-2
Praise the LORD. Praise the LORD, my soul.
I will praise the LORD all my life; 
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment